Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Plagiarism

When I was a young boy I thought that plagiarism is good to do so that your homework or projects are very easy to do. You just copy and paste everything you want from any sites. The students favorite the words ( Copy, Paste, Print or Send).That word make your life easy and time saving for the students who really love to play computer game. They don't realize that they are stealing ideas from other people.

I realize that in our school they hate students that copying someone's idea and making a little bit changes some sentences. Because I make a draft for our project and my professor gave us a topic, when I search for that I just copy everything and paste it in Microsoft Word and print it and gave it to my professor. The day she return the draft I say a notice that "next time don't plagiarize you will fail my subject". That notify me that plagiarism is very bad.

Stealing someone's idea is a crime for some schools like Asia Pacific College (APC). If they caught the students that plagiarize their work, they will get a failing grade. 

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work. 
Don't be like him, you will turn to be a Giraffe xD

There are tips to avoid plagiarism:
1.Be familiar in the area that you are talking about. By understanding the subject, you are more likely to write in your own words, rather than restate someone else's definition of this subject.
2.Restate the subject to yourself a couple of times. The key is to understand the material and be able to express its meaning in your own words.
3.Reference your quotes and sources. You must include a bibliography or works cited in your paper. If you use a direct quote from another author's work, then you must quote it and cite it properly.

Reference:
http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Plagiarism

No comments:

Post a Comment